For The Best Custom Western Boots, Fit Is Everything October 09 2019
There are many options available to you when you shop for custom cowboy boots, but no matter the choice, fit is everything. You may be wondering how to check for the right fit. Here are some tips that can help you figure this out.
How exactly are cowboy boots supposed to fit?
One thing to note about a well-fitting pair of western boots is that they should be comfortable. If a new pair is not comfortable on your feet, that means they don’t fit correctly. Your toes should be in the toe box of the boots, but not filling them. Your heels should slip a bit in the boots, although this may take some time to get used to. You should wear the socks you normally do when trying on your cowboy boots.
Tips for getting the right fit
When you begin looking for your next pair of cowboy boots, you should start with the fit. You will need to consider the length of the boot as well as the height, toe box shape, heel shape, and heel height. Different brands will size their products in different ways, so keep this in mind when shopping. Here are some other tips to remember.
- If you wear insoles or orthotics, remember to try on the boots with them.
- Try boots on towards the end of the day. Feet tend to swell, so you want to make sure you give them enough room.
- Boots that fit well should take some effort to slip on, but you should not have to struggle with them.
- Know your normal shoe size and go from there.
- Ask about custom fitting, especially if you have different foot sizes.
- Look for custom cowboy boot makers that offer sizing kits. These allow you to get the perfect fit, rather than having to try on multiple pairs. You can find these online as well as in stores.
Getting custom boots to ensure the best fit
The best way to make sure your boots fit perfectly is to buy them that way! Custom, handmade cowboy boots allow you to get that perfect fit BEFORE you buy anything. When ordering, make sure you can get a sizing kit of some sort to get the correct size. Then, you will need to figure out what features you want.
- Top height (This may affect the sizing.)
- Top colors
- Vamp choice (This is how the foot of each boot will look.)
- Top edge design
- Sole design
- Pull style
- Toe shape (This could affect sizing as well.)
- Heel height and shape
- Tongue style
- Stitch design and color
Side welt design and color
Getting custom cowboy boots means that you won’t have to worry about fitting after you have purchased them. If you have any questions about the process, be sure to ask the company you have chosen to work with. They should answer all of your questions.
Looking for high-quality, custom western boots?
Beck Boots has been creating handmade boots since 1916. We have many options available, including In-stock, Custom, and Lace-Up as well as a Working Cowboy Special. Give us a call at 806-373-1600 or Send Us an Email to learn more About Us. Don’t forget to ask about our Free Sizing Kit.