How Should Lace-Up Work Boots Fit? June 17 2020
Work boots are made to be sturdy so they can perform a function, but they should fit well and not be uncomfortable. If your lace-up boots don’t fit correctly, you can experience pain in your feet, ankles, and even knees. The best way to prevent pain from work boots is to get a pair that fits right from the start. You can do this by taking some steps when you try them on.
You should always wear socks when trying on shoes. This will help you get a better feel for how they will fit when you are working. For our sizing kit, you should wear socks as well. You want to make sure that your custom work boots will fit you perfectly.
Try both boots on
You could try on one work boot and get a good feel for how it will fit that foot. But, your feet are not the same exact size! This is why you need to try on both boots at the same time. The same is true for ordering boots online. If you choose to work with us, make sure to use our sizing kit for both feet.
Move around in the boots you try on
When you try on work boots, you should always wear both and walk around. But, you can also jump, jog, raise your knees, and stand in place. When you are working on a job, you won’t just sit or walk. It is important to get a feel for the fit while you are active. You can’t do this with our sizing kit because it is not a boot. But, it is designed to form to your foot, unlike pre-made boots you try on in a store.
Here are some movement tips to help you see if the lace-up work boots fit you well.
- When you walk: Make sure your heels do not move around or come out of the boots. Your toes should have room to move, but not too much. The sides of your feet shouldn’t feel pain or pressure.
- When you stand: Roll your ankles and stand on the sides of your feet slowly. This will help you determine the ankle support of the boots.
- When you’re moving: Make sure that the tongue of each boot doesn’t hurt you.
- When you are done: Check for red marks. These show where the boots have been rubbing and will potentially hurt you while you work in them.
Buying custom, hand-made work boots
This is an option that you may not have considered before. The process starts with a fitting. The method for finding your perfect fit will vary depending on who you choose to work with. We provide a free sizing kit that you can easily complete and send back to us. Here are some benefits that you will see when choosing us to craft your work boots.
- They will be the most comfortable
- They will be more durable
- You will have more design choices
- You will likely get a better deal
Once you have your fit settled, you can choose from a variety of options like material, shape, and style. If you work with a company in person, you should be able to speak with them about your choices. When ordering online, the options should be available to look at on a website.
Ordering custom work boots from Beck Boots
If you would like to learn more about getting the right fit for work boots or working with us to create your next pair, Contact Us by email or call (806) 373-1600. We provide a variety of high-quality, custom and Lace-Up Work Boots. Check out our Working Cowboy Special, and Clearance options for even more choices!